Kasey Wong, Cacoeli’s COO, reveals the niche synthesis that has made Cacoeli resilient in a time of uncertainty in this Well-Off podcast episode hosted by Georges El Masri.
“Ontario is a landscape of vast opportunity.”
Kasey explains that with some digging, the company has managed to grow its assets despite the pandemic and rising land prices, through a combination of high-level involvement in the day-to-day operations, a thorough analysis of numbers, and a social purpose.
Tips from Cacoeli’s Operations Manager:
- Maintain healthy dialogue and communication with tenants
- Don’t over renovate
- Always maintain your boiler systems – do not overuse
- Get your fire alarms checked before & after winter
- Run a break-even analysis for geothermal heating projects
- Initiate proactivity in tenant issues
- Identify your turn-around rates, demographic and market changes
Kasey’s strategy to success:
- Think outside of Toronto
- Demographic research
- Short-term projects
- Full ownership
- Small, simple buildings
- Minimal, resilient renovations
- Inspect and document everything, often
- Visit and speak often
Do what we do – get involved, learn more on this episode of the Well-Off podcast.
Thanks Georges El Masri for having us!