Frequently Asked Questions
We invest in multi-residential rental buildings. Particularly, we focus on residential rental assets that present opportunities for improvements. We also invest in development projects that offer strategic and competitive advantages to our portfolio.
We add value to our buildings and lease our quality rental suites at market rent. Then, at the appropriate time, we either sell or refinance the buildings in order to maximize the rate of return for investors.
Fundamentally, we invest in growth areas that offer the best return on investment for our investors. In the past decade, we have focused our efforts in the Kitchener/Cambridge/Waterloo area in Ontario, Canada. Going forward, we are expanding into other high-growth areas across Canada.
We get paid based on the performance of the investment. In other words, if our investors don’t make money, we don’t make money.
- When a prospective investor expresses an interest to invest with Cacoeli, he/she will be required to complete a general Know-Your-Client (“KYC”) form.
- Once the initial qualification conducted internally is met, Cacoeli will set up a call to understand the goals and objectives of the prospective investor and assess whether their goals align with Cacoeli’s investment strategy and investment opportunities.
- Marketing materials are then provided to the prospective investor for review.
- If the prospective investor intends to proceed, he/she will be forwarded a 3rd party Exempt Market Dealer (“EMD”) for conducting further due diligence.
- After all the due diligence procedures are carried out, the prospective investor will be provided with a subscription agreement and the Offering Memorandum for review and execution. We strongly recommend that the prospective investor seek legal counsel prior to signing the subscription agreement.
- Once all the legal documents are signed and executed by the prospective investor and Cacoeli, instructions for depositing the investor funds will be communicated.
In addition to seeking independent legal advice, an investor is required to invest: his/her money and minimal time for due diligence on the properties.
We aim to generate an annual double-digit return on your investment, averaged over a 5-7 year investment horizon. This return includes: cash distributions and a reasonable percentage of value growth on assets under management. Although we cannot guarantee the rate of return, we are confident that we can deliver the results as projected. Please see our past projects for reference.
For Cacoeli Real Estate Opportunity Fund Trust, there is a regular quarterly cash distribution. For any other investment opportunities, cash distribution is wholly dependent on the nature of the project and its business plan.
For Cacoeli Real Estate Opportunity Fund Trust, there is no minimum investment term. Nonetheless, when investing in multi-residential rental assets, it is recommended that your investment horizon be medium to long-term.
For all other types of investments, the investment time horizon changes on a project-by-project basis.
- Economies of scale.
- Predictable building values.
- Financing largely depends on the strength of the property’s income rather than the strength of the borrower’s income.
- Stable and strong cash flow.
- Risk of lost rent, as a result of vacancy, is minimized on a per-suite basis.